Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Mt. Diablo ride 4.21.2007

pics courtesy of Niel E. April 21, 2007 mt Diablo Ride
Vic Manny Romy Niel Rommel Jack Rico with Spocks taking the picture

Jack Rommel Manny Vic Niel Romy Spocks with Rico taking the picture

and here is Niel's writeup of the ride.

"Here's our Satuday ride version:
Original plan for the road ride was a 70miler with two big climbs, Palomares, and Mount Diablo. Due to a late start and chance of rain, we decided to cut it short so we ended up with 37+miles instead...which I'm glad we did. First climb was 12miles from Danville all the way up to the peak of Mount Diablo (cold and windy at the peak) followed by a nice loooooooooong descent to Walnut Creek. Then another 7mile climb towards the mid section of Mount Diablo and then another loooooooong descent back.
Also, I am thankful that I have avoided a couple of almost mishaps.
First was I over shot a turn and my tires skidded and I almost went down.
The second one was when I was riding downhill and as I was about to approach a turn, I saw a couple of riders going up and I'm glad that rider saw me, and he knew that there was a car behind him that was about to pass him. Good thing this rider occupied the road to his left and flagged the car behind him to slow down....thank God!
To sum it up... we had a great ride too...and learning experience for me."

1 comment:

Manny D (www.stophhs.com) said...

very nice pics and nice post, Jack/Neil..clarity shows definite detail (incl the pouch in front of me..;) thanks, Neil, Spocks, Rommel, Vic, Rico for hauling us (Romy, Jack, myself) on this trail..contemplating a ditto round this sunday if anyone's interested..or wud that be one too many for two consecutive weekends..?